Note: Hi, pals! Just a a fast reminder – a few of the hyperlinks on this website are affiliate hyperlinks, and so I could earn slightly money on qualifying orders. It doesn’t price you something additional, and is a pleasant approach to assist help this website! I additionally need to level out that I don’t promote merchandise I haven’t really tried or merchandise that I don’t belief. 🙂
I promised myself that I might wait slightly longer earlier than going loopy with pumpkin spice recipes, and but right here we’re… At the identical time, the air the place I’m is cool and crisp and it simply feels proper to observe my coronary heart (and my style buds) and make these vegan keto pumpkin spice protein waffles. This is one other a type of recipes that I make for myself on a regular basis, and at last determined to jot down down and submit, and now that it’s September, I don’t really feel so bizarre about sharing it. I began making these in July, however figured I might maintain off on posting it, in order to look much less obsessive about fall meals…
Like the entire recipes on this website, these protein waffles are low-carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free. As an added bonus, this specific recipe additionally occurs to be coconut-free, nut-free, soy-free and bean-free generally. Plus, there are solely 5.7g of internet carbs per serving, and virtually 23g of plant protein, which is fairly thrilling should you ask me. Now, should you’re questioning in regards to the pumpkin in right here, relaxation assured you may eat pumpkin on a keto weight-reduction plan. While it’s a bit too excessive in carbs to scarf down a whole can in a single sitting, you may simply sneak canned pumpkin into your macros right here and there with out an excessive amount of budgeting. In truth, the canned pumpkin required for this recipe solely has about 3g of internet carbs.
Anywho, I gained’t blather on about these for too lengthy. I simply actually hope you get pleasure from them! If you make these and need to share, I like seeing posts on instagram – simply make sure to tag @meatfreeketo within the picture itself so I’ll see it! Otherwise, it might get misplaced in a sea of notifications.
Notes on Making Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
- If you don’t need to use protein powder, here’s a recipe for pumpkin spice vegan keto waffles with out protein powder!
- Alternatively, you may substitute the protein powder right here for an equal quantity/weight of lupin flour.
- The waffle maker I exploit is the Dash Mini-maker. I’ve been utilizing this waffle maker for years and have by no means had something persist with it. I extremely advocate it. It is wonderful. My earlier waffle iron principally caught to the whole lot, irrespective of how a lot I oiled issues up. So, I firmly consider that the waffle iron used makes an enormous distinction.
- The syrup I like is from Lakanto. Fun truth: You can really save 20% in your order with the code MeatFreeKeto!
- I can not stress this sufficient: learn the labels! I’ve, on a couple of event, bought pumpkin pie filling as a substitute of pumpkin pie puree. Pumpkin pie filling is pre-spiced and likewise filled with sugar, whereas pumpkin puree is simply pureed, cooked pumpkin. Big, vital distinction.
- While I attempt to offer correct dietary info, your calculations might differ a bit. This is particularly true with protein powders, so make sure to learn the label rigorously.
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Protein Waffles (gluten-free, coconut-free, soy-free, nut-free)
These protein-rich, low-carb vegan keto pumpkin spice waffles are a scrumptious and straightforward strategy to begin off any fall morning!
- 1/four cup pumpkin puree (~60g)
- 1.5 tbsp room-temp vegan butter substitute or olive oil
- 1/four cup (60ml) water or milk of selection
- 1 scoop (~30g) vanilla protein powder (I used this one from Garden of Life)
- 1 tbsp complete psyllium husks (or 1 tsp psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- half of tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your waffle maker, in keeping with the producer’s directions and flippantly grease together with your most popular oil, should you discover that your waffle iron is a bit sticky.
- In a small bowl, mash collectively the pumpkin, butter substitute & water with a fork till comparatively easy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the remaining components till totally mixed.
- Stir the dry components into the moist components till the whole lot is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes, till the psyllium gels up and the dough stiffens. You ought to have the ability to scoop it, and it should not be pourable. If it’s nonetheless slightly loose-looking, add a further tbsp of the protein powder.
- Make waffles in keeping with your waffle maker directions. I exploit a touch waffle maker and break it up into three little waffles as a result of I like making a stack out of them. I additionally normally wait till the little mild goes off after which unplug the waffle maker and open it up, to let the waffle settle down for a minute earlier than gently eradicating it from the maker. This permits the psyllium and any sweetener current in your protein powder to arrange a bit and prevents crumbling!